Friday, September 19, 2008

First Day of Co-op

We had our first day of co-op on Wednesday and the kids were very excited to go. They were looking forward to seeing their friends and their teachers. Our co-op is made up of 14 christian homeschool moms and about 35 children. This is the beginning of our second year and I am looking forward to all that the kids will learn and to the fellowship with the moms.

This year we decided that instead of having the kids wear name tags we would make them t-shirts with their names on them. Here is a picture of the kids wearing the shirts I made for them. I think they turned out pretty good considering the fact that I am not "crafty" and I don't sew (All I can say is thank God for iron-ons). :)




In case you were wondering, Audrey did get a haircut. :) She just decided the other day that her hair was too long and it was time for Grandma to cut it. Thankfully my Mother-in-law was available to do it for her. My kids have never had a haircut by anyone except their Grandma. Why would they when she does a great job, the price is right, and she does it with lots of love. Thanks Elsie!! :)

2 comments:

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Yay! I still wish your co-op was closer so I can bring my kiddos....HEY...if gas goes down to $2 a gallon again we'll see *sigh* I could dream right? LOL

Yeah on the Tshirts! They look great and so does Audrey's hair!!

Mia said...

Now THOSE kiddos are ready for co-op!!!
We have never joined one, always wanted to though. Just never found the right fit.
Have fun!!!