Yesterday the kids and I went to a birthday party for Audrey's best buddy Aaron. The theme of the party was a safari expedition that included a scavenger hunt and a reptile show. The kids had a great time and learned a lot about several different types of reptiles. Audrey was especially excited to touch and hold the animals, and I was proud of her for being so adventurous. Nathan was not as into it and had more fun playing with his good friend Lydia. Unfortunately for me the only thing he was interested in holding was a hissing cockroach from Madagascar. Yes, you read correctly, a hissing cockroach. Eeewwwww!!! It was unfortunate for me because at the time he was sitting on my lap. Now I have no problem with reptiles, but cockroaches make my skin crawl!! It took everything I had in me to not completely freak out while he was holding it. Since I could not compose myself to take a photo of Nathan while he was holding it, I am posting a photo of another child with it.
Pretty freaky, huh?! Anyway, here are some more photos I took of the party. Enjoy!!
Yes, this is my daughter hugging a Burmese python.
This is Nathan and his buddy Lydia.
Here are Audrey and Nathan with the birthday boy.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
What a neat idea for a party! Looks like so much fun! Except for the cockroach. LOL
Man, that is some kind of awesome birthday party!! My kids would have loved it! I'm not sure either one of them would have held the cockroach though. ;-)
I am a christian wife and homeschooling Mom of 2 beautiful children. I will be posting about my family, our adventures in homeschooling, and any other fun things going on in my life. Thanks for stopping by. God bless!
3 comments:
What a neat idea for a party! Looks like so much fun! Except for the cockroach. LOL
Such a great idea for a birthday party!.....But I must admit, I would have only been "taking" pictures...not "touching" anything.:)
Audrey is a BRAVE little girl!:)
Man, that is some kind of awesome birthday party!! My kids would have loved it! I'm not sure either one of them would have held the cockroach though. ;-)
Post a Comment