Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Joys of Homeschooling!

We started our 2nd week of homeschooling yesterday and it seems to be going very well. Audrey seems to be enjoying it and Nathan tags along every now and then. She memorized Matthew 19:14 "Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them, for such is the kingdom of heaven.", last week with the help of the Hide 'Em in Your Heart CD by Steve Green. This is a great cd that just takes scripture and puts it to music. I added some hand movements to go with the song and both kids loved listening to it.

I did not realize how much I was going to enjoy teaching my kids. I even enjoy the prep work and planning that goes into it, but that is just my "type A" personality coming out. I also love all the freedoms homeschooling allows us. Today we were able to have a picnic lunch in Audrey's room and go swimming to get relief from the heat. I reminded Audrey that if she were in school we would not have been able to do those fun things. Tomorrow we are going to a playdate with our homeschool group which we all look forward to. I am so thankful I was obedient to God's call for me to homeschool. I am seeing His blessings already. I can't wait to see what he will do in the future.

1 comment:

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

I am sooo happy that you are enjoying all of the prep that goes into homeschooling..I thought I was the only one..lol...It's funny..I remind my son all of the time about the things we get to do and if he were in school then we wouldn't be able to. Last year he wanted to go back to school..this year I am proud to say that he really is adjusting to homeschooling well and actually doesn't ask to go back...I only wished that I would've heard the Lord when he was in Kindergarten..would've saved alot of negative school stuff :-)
Happy Homeschooling!