Friday, November 14, 2008

How I Spent My Birthday

Photobucket

On the morning of my birthday I got a call from my neighbor who I knew was expecting a baby any day. She was calling from the hospital to tell me she had had her baby and was in need of my help. She had several complications during the delivery and as a result, was unable to care for her newborn daughter without assistance. She was calling to see if I could come to the hospital for a few hours to help her, so her husband could go home and take a shower. Thankfully my mother in law was available to watch my kids on such short notice. I was so glad she had thought to call me because I had been telling her for weeks to "call me if she needed anything". Since she was unable to get out of the bed or nurse the baby, I got to hold, feed and change her beautiful newborn daughter. I know I was there to help her, but I had so much fun caring for her baby. She is absolutely beautiful and is a wonderful baby. She has the cutest chubby little checks, probably due to the fact that she was 9lbs 13 oz at birth!! (hence the delivery complications) She slept in my arms for over an hour and I loved every minute of it. I loved listening to her breathing and squeaking as she slept. It was truly a blessing for me to be there and I am thankful God worked it out so I could be available to help. I look forward to when they can come home from the hospital so I can get my "baby fix" again. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love getting a good baby fix! You are such a good friend to come to her rescue like that. I know she appreciates you so much.

Is there anything sweeter than baby fingers and toes? Sigh....

Matthew was 9 lbs 14 oz at birth...via C-section. (Thank You, Lord!) Daniel was 9 lbs 2 oz and I was able to have him "the regular" way.

What a special way to spend your birthday! When I come to visit...I'll help you watch the baby too. Just don't tell Shannon.;)

Have a lovely weekend, Gina!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Butterfly said...

Oh she is so precious! What a wonderful treat... to celebrate a new life on your birthday! God is SO AWESOME! Happy Birthday again!

Daisy said...

Awesome! You can't ask for a better birthday present than that!

Mia said...

Oh yummy!! Listen you are more than welcome to come our way next March and get a baby boy fix!!