Sunday, November 30, 2008

Festival of Lights

To kick off the Christmas season we went to the Festival of Lights at the Mission Inn on the day after Thanksgiving. The Mission Inn is a local mission that was converted into a hotel many years ago. It is a great place to walk around and has a lot of history behind it. Several of the Presidents of the United States have stayed there over the years. Every year at Christmastime they put up a ton of lights and decorations that are pretty spectacular. This year we decided to go there with some friends on the day they officially turned on all the lights. It was a lot of fun and to our surprise there was also a fireworks show with Christmas music. The kids loved it and had fun being there with their friends. Here are a few shots I took of our evening. Enjoy! :)

This is the front of the Mission Inn right after the lights were turned on.



Here's a shot of the kiddos.



Nathan had a great view from Daddy's shoulders.



Since there were over 50,000 people there that night, I made sure I had a good hold of my kids hands. :)


7 comments:

Daisy said...

Wow! That's beautiful. The kids look like they are enjoying themselves. Our local little zoo does a festival of lights but I don't think they use quite that many. LOL.

Like your Christmasy blog. ;-)

Amy said...

The lights look SO beautiful! And I love Nathan wearing his Indy hat.;) So cute!

Your blog looks so festive too!
Happy Holidays, Gina.
God Bless,
Amy:)

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Love the Festival of Lights! Haven't been in a while tho :( Looks like you had a great time!

Michelle said...

Oh Gina how lovely! We have a botanical garden here that has a Christmas lights show we will be attending soon. Our kids LOVE Christmas lights...me too ;) Infact, my dh just put ours on our house tonight (pics will be on my blog soon). It looks like you guys had quite a crowd. Thanks for sharing the photos. Be blessed!

p.s. love your jacket ;)

Mia said...

Beautiful lights! Love the holiday blog look!!

stephanie said...

First of all..love your new page layout! Next, I've never been to the Mission Inn but it looks beautiful..give bob and the kids my love..p.s. Hailey says thank you for her b day gifts :)

Anonymous said...

That looks AMAZING!
Oh I miss Christmas in CA. (You'd think it would be the opposite...but I really miss being able to go outside and enjoy all of the lights...without freezing!)

God Bless,
Michelle