Nathan has totally surprised me this year by his interest in joining us in school. Because of this I decided to order him Singapore Earlybird Kindergatern Math 1A & 1B. This program is more like a Pre-K program than a Kindergarten program. I think he will enjoy it and do very well with it. I may also begin doing some phonics work with him using Phonics Pathways. He already knows all his letters and the sounds they make(thank you Leap Frog), so I will see if he is ready for blending.
Here are some pictures I took from our week. Enjoy!!

Audrey placed the 7 continents where they belong on the globe.
The kids learned about ocean currents and experimented with how they make ships move in the water.
This was a science experiment where the kids learned how blubber keeps whales warm in icy cold water. First they put their hands in ice water to see how cold it felt.
Then they put a bag of Crisco(which is similar to blubber. Yuck!) around their hand and put it in the water. They noticed that they did not feel the cold water with the "blubber" around their hand.
Audrey had to choose someone special to say her memory verse to today and she chose one of her stuffed animals.




5 comments:
Sounds like a great school year ahead. Love the pics!
Have a great weekend.
Denise
Gina,
I love those learning ideas!
The Crisco for whale blubber is awesome!
I'm so happy that your first week went well....You should celebrate with some Diet Coke, chocolate, and Tristan.;)
Have a great weekend!
Amy:)
1 week down!! What great hands on learning. Best wishes for a continued good year!
Oh Gina,
I loved your pictures. The whale blubber experiment was one of my favs!!!
Mary (Arnold)
What a great week! I love the pic of Audrey with her hand in the Crisco. :)
Post a Comment