This week we finished up Unit 27 of
Little Hearts and began Unit 28. We have been studying about the start of our nation anf how it grew and changed over the years. Some of the people we have read about are Alexander Hamilton, William Penn, Thomas Jefferson, and Betsy Ross. Our memory verse this week was
Psalm 8:9 "Oh Lord, Our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth." We are almost done with Buster Bear and Jimmy Skunk and we have enjoyed them very much. I will post our new read alouds next week. Here are a few samples of what else Audrey worked on this week.
Phonics/Reading:She began Lesson 8 in ETC and we are about 1/3 of the way through
First Reader (FR). I plan on using FR over the summer and next year as well.
Math:Audrey finished lesson 135 in Horizons K today which means she only has 25 lessons to go. At this rate she will finish it before our school year is over. I may go down to 4 lessons a week in order to stretch it out.
Science:This week we read about killer whales and frogs. Here are a couple of pictures she colored and a copy of her narration on killer whales.

5 comments:
Looks great! Her killer whale looks so cute. Doesn't look like a killer. ;)
Looks great. Killer Whales are one of Snap Dragon's favorites.
It's amazing how quickly the school year flies by....Tell your babies, "Good Job!" from me.
God Bless,
Amy:)
Can I ask...did you uses anything for phonics before First Reader? We just got it, but I was assuming that it would have more at the beginning for teaching individual letter sounds. It sort of just jumps right into blending.
I do like the looks of it, though, and I think it will be great after DD learns her letter sounds.
Looks like a wonderful week. I love the narration, great job! :)
Post a Comment