Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Joy of Homeschooling

On Sunday Audrey came to me and said, "Mommy, I don't want to do school tomorrow." I asked her why she didn't want to and she said, "I'm tired of doing it all the time." Now just so you all know, we don't do school work everyday. We do it Monday through Friday like everyone else. So yesterday morning I thought some more about what she said and I realized we had not taken a day off from school since Christmas vacation!! No wonder the poor child is burnt out. Then the more I thought about it I realized I was burnt out too! LOL! So I decided that what the kids and I needed was a day off from school. It just so happened that some of Bob's family had planned to go to Disneyland yesterday for his sister's birthday, so I decided we should join them. Those of you that know me well know that it is very out of character for me to deviate from my plan or to spontaneously go to Disneyland. But, after some encouragement from Bob I realized we desperately needed this break.

We ended up having a wonderful day and the weather was beautiful. I am so thankful to be homeschooling so I am able to do things like this, and for such a wonderful husband who is so supportive. Here are some photos of the fun day we had. God bless!



This is the kids on a ride in the Bug's Life area of California Adventure.


Here they are riding the bumper cars with Grandma & Aunt Pam.


Nathan loves riding the train around the park. Here he is with Grandma & Papa.


It got a little warm for Audrey so she decided to cool off.

6 comments:

Daisy said...

I love it! Good for you. Sometimes you just have to take the day off!

Julie said...

Good for you! Those days off can really make a big difference!

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Awww! Looks like you had a great time! We all have to take days off here and there...adn when we do we come back refreshed and ready to go again!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great idea! Disney land field trip! I could use a school break like that but we live far from Disney land.

gomannings said...

I love the pictures. Everyone needs a break!

Anonymous said...

Thanks looks like so much fun! I can't wait for our spring break.