Thursday, March 4, 2010

Drive-In Movie Night

Last Sunday at Awana it was drive-in movie night. The kids had to make cars out of a cardboard box so they could go to the "Drive-in" and watch a movie. I went to the local appliance store and they were happy to give us 2 huge boxes that were used to ship dishwashers. Since I am creatively challenged, Bob saved the day by helping the kids to design their cars. He got out a box cutter and some packing tape and went to work. They turned out really cool! Here are a couple pictures of them in their cars.

You can't really see it in the photo, but Audrey's car has a sun roof.



Here is a shot from the back. I helped her tape white paper all over the car to cover up the writing on the box. This also gave her a great canvas to add headlights, a grill, and a license plate.



Nathan was happy with the car just the way it was. He didn't care about all the writing on the box. His has a sun roof too with a top that flips open and closed. He pops put of it like a jack-in-the box. LOL!



They both had a great time watching a movie in their cars. The only problem is they are still in the middle of my living room and I don't see how I am ever going to get rid of them. They play in them every day and sit in them while they are watching PBS kids. Any suggestions? :)

4 comments:

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Oh how fun Gina!! I dont have any advice because my kids would want to do the same! LOL

Daisy said...

Awesome!! Ah, let them play. Life is short. If you have to move them, just keep them in the garage and put them in & out for a while.

Pam Revitte said...

I say "go with the flow". Our living room decor used to be Little Tikes, play kitchens and doll clothes.

Have fun during these "make-believe"
years. Love you! Pam

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while you can. Soak it up. You will blink and be planning college applications and SAT entrance exams--and wishing things could be as simple as they are now.