Last Sunday the theme at the kids Awana club was "Drive-In Movie Night". They asked each of the kids to decorate a box to look like a car, and then they sat in them while they watched a movie. The kids had been looking forward to this for weeks and were so excited to go.
Audrey spent hours decorating her box with markers and every inch of it was colored. Here is a shot of her in her box.
If you can't tell, it has headlights in the front, and tires on the sides. She was very proud of the finished product.
Nathan is not as into coloring as Audrey, so his box was done in a few minutes. :)
The kids had a blast and I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time getting them to get rid of the boxes. :)
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
CUTE idea!
(Of course...I'd need a refrigerator box so I could spread out and get comfy - LOL)
Boxes? Did you say boxes? AHGGHGHHG. Good luck getting rid of them. My kids are such scroungers. I have to keep my eyes on them at Costco or they've convinced the sales clerk to give them all the good boxes.
Looks like fun though. Cute idea for Awanas.
I often thought about just giving my kids boxes for Christmas for years but never did! They love them!!
That looks like fun. And it's even better than the "real" drive in, because there are no mosquitoes!;)
I've missed you.
(((BIG HUGS!)))
Amy:)
Post a Comment