Bob and I decided that we wanted to spend our New Year's Day outside enjoying the beautiful weather we are having right now in SoCal. January through April are the best months as far as weather goes where we live. Today it was sunny, in the mid 70's, and was a gorgeous day. For those of you in the Midwest or somewhere else buried in snow, I am not trying to rub it in. Trust me, I will be whining and complaining in 6 months when it is 105 degrees and smoggy. :) Anyway, Bob thought it would be fun to take the kids fishing to a local man made lake that also has a big playground. As some of you may know, I am not big on fishing, but I took a book and was looking forward to a day together as a family. We ended up having a great time and I'm so glad that we went. Here is a shot of the beautiful scenery we got to enjoy today.
Here is Bob helping the kids get ready to fish.
The fish were not biting in this particular spot, so the kids found other ways to amuse themselves.
Bob & the kids didn't have any luck at our first location, so we decided to try a different spot.
Thankfully the fish were biting here and they stayed in this spot for several hours.
Here is a shot of my two favorite guys. :)
I hope you all had a great start to the new year as well. Happy New Year and God bless you!
7 comments:
I'm kinda jealous. Never though I would be. We were fogged in yesterday. Highs never got out of the 40's. I want to go fishing!!
We love fishing! Looks like a great start to a new year although I do think you are rubbing it in just a little. LOL Just kidding!
The weather was beautiful yesterday huh! I kicked the kids outside for a while..we were roasting a turkey and boy did I regret it! LOL It would have helped to check the weather first..we would have been better off bbq'ing it!
Just popped in to wish you a Happy New Year. We also spent time outdoors yesterday since the weather was so nice, but the rain will be moving in shortly. Good thing we got out yesterday. I enjoyed your holiday pics. All the best!
Stacy :-)
It looks so beautiful there, Gina!
I know now when to plan my visit.;)
Big Hugs,
Amy:)
Oh I am SOOOOO jealous! LOL!
It looks gorgeous there! I'm glad you had such a nice day though! :-)
(and Nathan looks SO cute in that hat!)
God Bless,
Michelle
It looks absolutely gorgeous there, Gina. It has been raining in my world now for several days straight...time to go to Callie...
Looks like a sweet time, too.
I love your pictures.
:)Laura
Post a Comment